Welcome SNC2D classes! You are here to work on your Issues in Biology assignment.
So, why are the Librarians involved? Great question.
We’re here to talk to you about Citation and How to Find Articles for your work.
This Primer on APA will help explain the basics of how you’ll be citing your work within a report as well as how to create the “References” list.The-APA-Working-File-Updated-April-26-1
OWL Purdue is another option if you need help with APA citation.
Today we’re going to look at the best database, (Advanced Placement Source) within the TDSB’s Virtual Library for your peer-reviewed articles.
Remember to select your Grade range (9-12) and subject area (Science &/or Health) before starting to search in the yellow FIND tile.
Other options include:
- Canadian Points of View Reference Centre (database)
- Science Reference Center (database)
- Infobase eBooks (database)
- Global Issues In Context (database)
- Medline Plus
- NOVA Education
- Health Canada
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Canadian Pediatric Society
- Teen Health and Wellness (database)
- The Vaccine Evaluation Center
Remember that the databases are password-protected and some of the passwords have changed since last year. You will need to be logged into AW to access these resources. Look for the orange Passwords & Info icon in the Virtual Library.